Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hands-Up With The Panerai PAM 615 Luminor Submersible Flyback Titanio

A couple of days ago, I received the Panerai PAM 615 (or Luminor Submersible 1950 three days Chrono Flyback Automaic Titanio entirely) for any hands-on review. This Swiss Best Panerai PAM615 along with its brother having a titanium bezel, the PAM 614, was introduced in Geneva captured. I’ve had a few Panerai watches myself and we’ve done reviews on several models previously, but it's the very first time I really attempted and examined to Panerai Submersible a bit longer.

Panerai PAM 615 Review
Operating the Panerai PAM 615

 

Despite the fact that the Panerai PAM 615 includes a 47mm diameter and it is - go ahead and - a large watch, it didn’t shock me after i strapped it on my small wrist. I do not have very large arms, however I could handle the Submersible effortlessly. The Panerai signed rubber strap guarantees an effective fit and prevents the timepiece from (irritatingly) sliding in your wrist. Operation from the watch is quite easy, the crown can be used to create or correct time and also the two pushers (situated at 10 o’clock and eight o’clock) are utilized to start, stop and totally reset the chronograph.



Panerai uses an in-house developed quality P.9100 for that PAM 615. This column-weal chronograph movement includes 302 components and it has a 3 day energy reserve. In addition, because the official model title suggests, the chronograph includes a flyback feature. A flyback function means that you could totally reset the chronograph and begin it again with one push from the button (situated at 8 o’clock) without needing to steer clear of the chronograph first. The flyback chronograph therefore saves a little of your time in comparison to preventing the chronograph first, push the totally reset button after which press begin anew. For crucial timing this may prove useful.



In addition, this in-house developed quality P.9100 includes central chronograph minute hands and 2 small registers (at 9 o’clock and three o’clock): the standard seconds along with a 12-hour tantalizer. Personally, I really like the feel of two-register chronographs and I’m pleased to observe that more brands are utilizing this lay-in modern watches.

Obviously, this Panerai Luminor has got the trademark crown to make sure water proofing. The Panerai PAM 615 is resistant against 30 bar (roughly 300 meters) and because of using a rubber strap, you are prepared whatsoever occasions to go in water. I did not obviously, however i don't have any doubts this watch goes much deeper in to the water than I'm able to.

Submersible Situation

As written above, the situation from the Panerai PAM 615 Submersible is large using its 47mm diameter. I'd two 44mm Luminor models previously and attempted a 45mm Radiomir sooner or later, and already thought individuals were around the limit of the items my wrist could handle. However, if there something I’ve learnt through the years is the fact that specifications are just in writing. You have to consider using a watch around the wrist to be able to check if it's appropriate for you personally. The Panerai PAM 615 has certainly lots of presence when worn around the wrist, not just because of the big situation but additionally due to the large rubber strap and Pre-Vendome style buckle. I received really one comment from the non-watch person, saying this was one tough searching watch. It is surely.



The conclusion around the titanium situation is extremely nice, lots of surfaces are matt blown and using this method in a variety of directions, per surface, it truly looks awesome. There is no need for several sprucing up on divers watches for me, even though this never disturbed me around the Panerai Luminor Marina models I'd myself.

Around the titanium caseback from the Panerai PAM 615 isn't any azure very ( 1) but rather an engraving of the submersible and where the original workshop began in 1860: Florence. As you can tell around the image below, the lugs have these little spring systems in position that should be pressed after some tool to achieve the strap removed. I've come across an identical mechanism within the bracelet of my IWC Ingenieur 3227-01 if my memory serves me properly.

On the top from the Submersible situation may be the bi-directional bezel. This Panerai PAM 615 includes a matt black ceramic bezel. What surprised me would be that the Submersible I'd for review had two small nicks around the bezel, showing metallic color subterranean. I do not be aware of exact specifications and qualities of ceramics, but possibly the ceramic inlay from the bezel are quite thin. Ceramics could be scratched though; much was obvious in my experience when watching this watch. The bezel feels very solid and there is no play detected. The bezel has obvious markings for each a few minutes and also the ’15’, ’30’ and ’45’ markers are engraved by having an Arabic numeral to have the ability to rapidly find out the remaining diving time.

Panerai PAM 615 Dial and Hands

I already spoke concerning the two-register chronograph and just how much I love that configuration. The big black dial is extremely readable and legible. Large round hour luminous hour markers as well as an Arabic ’12’ and ‘6’. The little chronograph hour recorder situated at 3 o’clock also used Arabic numbers for that ’12’, ‘3’, ‘6’ and ‘9’. The ‘6’ and ‘9’ numbers are ‘open’, such as the ones around the date disc of my vintage Rolex watches. They of Panerai are King in embedding some heritage within their watches. The chrono seconds hands and small chronograph hour hands have been in blue, which provides a really nice contrast. Additionally, it matches the OP logo design around the rubber strap. The central chronograph minute hands are silver, such as the regular skeleton hour and minute hands. The little second’s hands have got the typical shape for Panerai watches.

The hour, minute and seconds hands that indicate time are applied with luminous material and work perfectly throughout low light or perhaps in total darkness.

Strap and Buckle

The black rubber strap is extremely comfortable around the wrist, especially throughout warm or warm weather. I used the Panerai PAM 615 throughout this Summer time so we had some high temps. I do not prefer to put on watches on leather in the sunshine and am really a man that favors bracelets generally. However, the rubber strap is one thing I possibly could get accustomed to very rapidly. I additionally have no idea which kind of leather strap I'd placed on this Submersible because it is clearly a diving watch. Possibly a brown strap would do, but remember that you cannot make use of a leather strap within the water.



The Panerai Pre-Vendome style buckle is one thing Panerai re-introduced a couple of years back. They used this buckle prior to the Vendome Group (now Richemont Group) required in - In my opinion 1997 - making Panerai a part of their luxury group. Enthusiasts and Paneristi were in support of that old style (Pre-V) buckle and that I guess this brought to the choice to re-introduce it again. A smart decision, when I love the Pre-V style buckles too. The titanium (Trapezoidal) buckle around the Panerai PAM 615 includes a nice satin blown finish and it is most unlikely to fail for you. Remember that it's large though, similar to the relaxation from the watch.

Verdict around the Panerai PAM 615

Truth to become told, I'd fun with this particular Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3-Days Chronograph Flyback PAM 615 watch without a doubt. I'm in no way a diver; however I believe only a tiny proportion of individuals putting on divers watch is. It's much more about a particular style you want or perhaps a lifestyle you possess onto. Regardless of the 47mm diameter from the watch it is extremely wearable, but truth to become told I wouldn’t buy this as my only watch. That’s personal obviously, and it has nothing related to the standard or the style of the timepiece.

A chronograph is among the easiest complications for me, when I find myself utilizing it a great deal (in comparison with other complications). I love to time certain pursuits like traveling or throughout cooking, but additionally prefer to time certain procedures I perform on my small computer systems (large data loads or certain processing of queries). The flyback is of no personal use in my experience; however I love the additional complication on the top from the chronograph.



The main one factor that worries me a little about this Panerai PAM 615 may be the cost. It features a recommended retail cost of €16.600,- Euro (~ $18,360.- USD). I realize the Swiss Franc was disconnected in the Euro which Richemont made the decision to complete some annual cost increases nonetheless (it had been €15.700, - Euro during the time of introduction The month of January 2015). The interest in Panerai continues to be impressive (source: Chronolytics.ch), as well as in Q2 2015 the development was especially noticeable within the U.S. States, Asia and Australia in comparison to Q1 2015, so Richemont and Panerai feel you don't need to decelerate on cost increases. However, €16.600, - Euro felt quite steep in my experience, despite using an in-house developed column-wheel chronograph movement with flyback function. However, Panerai is known to keep value with time. This certainly needs to be taken into consideration when you're looking for the Panerai PAM 615.

Another factor that surprised me was the scratches around the bezel. You need to know the watches we receive are mainly samples which are being sent around to journalists, photography enthusiasts and stylists. Not pointing fingers here but these aren't only watch people and can be a little more reckless using these watches that I’m accustomed to. I do not understand what became of the timepiece before we received it, however it had two little nasty marks around the bezel as possible seen around the photos. Let’s think that it did see some hard knocks or perhaps a collision with something ‘hard’ too.

No comments:

Post a Comment